One of the first sets of the year for NHL fans, 2020-21 O-Pee-Chee Hockey delivers plenty of the OPC style that collectors have come to expect.
Hobby boxes stick with the format—18 packs per box and 10 cards per pack—that was first established in 2019-20.
See also: 2019-20 O-Pee-Chee Hockey Cards
2020-21 O-Pee-Chee Hockey Base / Parallels
The base set is still the largest in Upper Deck's NHL lineup, offering 600 total cards. Joining the 500-card base set is the short-printed High Series.
This 100-card subset features Marquee Legends (20 cards), Marquee Rookies (30 cards), Season Highlights (10 cards), Team Checklists (31 cards) and Team Leaders (9 cards).
In addition, each card also comes as Blue Border (1:3 packs) and Red Border (1:18 packs) parallels.
Extending the base selection further is the Retro Variation (1 per pack) set with Hobby-only Retro Black Border (#/100) editions.
Collectors should be on the lookout for 2020-21 O-Pee-Chee Hockey Hot Boxes that replace base cards with the Retro Variation Black Border parallels. In a standard Hot Box, one base card is switched out, while the Super Box replaces every base card with the more limited version.
2020-21 O-Pee-Chee Hockey Inserts
A yearly tradition, 2020-21 O-Pee-Chee Hockey offers a new batch of OPC Playing Cards, as well. These Hobby-exclusive inserts average 1:5 packs (2s to Kings), with the being Aces much tougher at 1:120 packs.
Debuting in '20-21 is the O-Pee-Chee Premier Tallboys insert (1:5 packs). Retail Blasters contain exclusive Yellow Border parallels for the Talboys.
Rare editions include Tallboys Short Prints (SP - 1:44 packs) and Super Short Prints (SSP - 1:87 packs). Upper Deck also teased "other surprises."
A very tough chase at 1:2,160 packs, OPC Glossy Rookie Phenoms Complete Set Redemption offers a nine-card set of the year's best rookies.
Exclusive to Hobby, collectors must finish the nine-card #1 Draft Pick Puzzle Bounty (1:96 packs) in order to claim an achievement award for the top overall pick in the 2020 NHL Draft.
2020-21 O-Pee-Chee Hockey Manufactured Patches
Even with all this available, seasoned OPC fans know that the 2020-21 O-Pee-Chee Hockey checklist must have the trademark manufactured patches. And they're correct!
The O-Pee-Chee Patches line supplies another 100 cards to track down.
2020-21 O-Pee-Chee Manufactured Patches Breakdown
- Art Ross Trophy - 1:937
- Bill Masterson Trophy - 1:937
- Calder Trophy - 1:1,687
- Conn Smythe Trophy - 1:1,312
- Frank J. Selke Trophy - 1:937
- Gnash Mascot - 1:4,650
- Gritty Mascot Variant - 1:18,750
- Hall of Fame Logo - 1:2,250
- Hart Memorial Trophy - 1:2,250
- James Norris Trophy - 1:1,687
- King Clancy Trophy - 1:937
- Lady Bing Trophy - 1:1,312
- Maurice Richard Trophy - 1:937
- Presidents' Trophy - 1:937
- Stanley Cup Trophy - 1:1,875
- Ted Lindsay Award - 1:937
- Vezina Trophy - 1:1,687
- William M. Jennings Trophy - 1:937
- OPC Logo Update - 1:1,125
Release Date: September 10, 2020
Product Configuration: 10 cards per pack, 18 packs per box, 16 boxes per case
2020-21 O-Pee-Chee Hockey Hobby Box Break Average
- 1 Red Border Parallel and 1 Additional Rare Chase Card
- 6 Blue Border Parallels
- 2 Retro Black Border Parallels
- 3 OPC Playing Cards Inserts
- 4 OPC Premier Tallboys Inserts
- 18 Base Retro Cards
- 12 High Series (Marquee Rookie, Marquee Legends, Season Highlights, League Leaders, Team Checklist)